As many of you know, I am in the process of writing my first book, Tragedy to Truth. The process has already been an adventure and I am grateful to all of you for your support so far. In the next few days (Starting Sept. 1st) I will be starting a KickStarter Campaign to offer pre-sales and other incentives to help fund this project. For those of you who are not aware of KickStarter, it is an all-or-nothing crowd-funding platform for creative projects that allows many people to contribute in order to make the project succeed. If the goal amount is not reached, then the project will not be funded.
I wanted to share with you why I have selected to use KickStarter to fund my book project:
- Community: By God’s grace, He has placed the right people at the right time in my life to help me along the way. I would not be who I am today with out the Lord, my family, my friends, and those who have supported me along the way. This book is a culmination of many years of struggle, tragedy, truth, and transformation. I want everyone to be involved in the telling of this story as we head into a new chapter of ministry.
- Story: When writing my story I realized that my story would be empty if it weren’t for God and for you. You all are a part of my story and I want us to celebrate what God has done and is doing in and through our lives and ministry together. We all have a story, and I pray that mine will be used to point people to Jesus.
- Money: I have chosen to publish with Lucid Books (Disclaimer: I am one of the owners of Lucid Books), so that I will have more freedom with my content, strategy, etc. You might think that since I am an owner of Lucid Books that I get to publish for free. Well, it costs money to publish a book, even if I’m an owner. Also, I have opted to go this route because it will have larger royalties and I have set it up so that all funds received both through KickStarter and royalties will be deposited directly into my non-profit corporation, Transform Ministries, which is overseen by a board of directors. I will also be using the royalties from the books to do ministry in Kenya. This project will cost about $10,000 to edit, design, print, and promote. KickStarter will enable all of us to partner together to make this project possible. Of course, I have several faithful supporters who have given generously over the years, but with this project, I want to give everyone an opportunity to participate (See #1).
- Promotion: You all are the best promoters. Through Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc., we can get the word out about this project. It seems logical that you would be more likely to help get the word out about something that you believe in and have invested in, right?
- Fun: I think it’ll be a lot of fun to watch how God continues to orchestrate this project, don’t you?
I need your help getting the word out and letting all of your friends and family know about this project. I’ve created a simple URL that is easy to remember for you to share: caseycease.com/book